Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Vicar of St Mary, Battersea

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Battersea Deanery

Archdeaconry

Wandsworth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1872-74

Architect

William White

Listing

2*

Designed by William White, the church was built in 1872-74, in a 13th century Gothic style. Several unusual features, such as the ambulatory, caused English Heritage to grade it 2* in the late 1980s. Since 1987 a large repair programme has rescued the building from decay.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close