Blackheath: The Ascension
Within the Ravensbourne Team Ministry
The Revd Anne Bennett (Team Vicar)
40 Dartmouth Row
London SE10 8AW
Tel: 020 8694 1074
Listing: grade B
Originally a chapel founded in 1695 - only the apse remains with a short bay to the west of it. The rest of the church was rebuilt by Lord Dartmouth in 1834. It was made a parish church in 1883.
The church was restored after the Second World War with the north and south galleries being removed and the west gallery cut back.