Purley: St Mark (Woodcote)
Croydon South Deanery
The Revd Fiona Weaver (Vicar)
2 Church Road
Tel: 020 8668 0063
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Bishop of Southwark
Deanery: Croydon South
Episcopal Area: Croydon
Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre
Architect: George Fellowes-Prynne
Listing: grade 2
The church is of substantial proportions consisting of nave, chancel, side aisles, north and south transepts, north chapel, choir and clergy vestries, the ground storey of a tower, baptistry and twin west entrance porches. It was built by R Wilkins and Sons Limited to the design of G H Fellowes-Prynne, Architect. There is a foundation stone built into the north wall of the chancel dated 23 October 1909 laid by the Bishop of Kingston.
Apart from a modern hall adjacent to the south side of the church the church is unaltered.
The church stands at the corner of Church Hill and Church Road and occupies most of the site; there is no graveyard. The immediate surroundings are of large family houses contemporary with the church.