Selsdon, St John the Divine
Croydon Addington Deanery
Within the benefice of Selsdon, St John the Divine with St Francis.
The Revd Jennifer Rowley (Rector)
St John's Rectory
Upper Selsdon Road
Surrey CR2 8DD
Tel: 020 8657 2343
Built: 1935 - 36
Architect: J E Newberry & C W Fowler
Listing: not listed
The church was built in 1935-6 to the designs of Newbury and Fowler. The chancel and Lady Chapel were destroyed by bomb damage during the Second World War and were rebuilt to their original design in 1944.
The church is simple in plan with narrow projecting aisles. Vestries and tower are located at the north east corner and a Lady Chapel at the south east corner. There are porches at the north west and south west corners. There is a secondary entrance on the east side of the tower and a further porch at the east end of the north aisle.