Newington: St Paul
Patron: Bishop of Southwark
Built: 1959 - 60
Architect: Woodroffe Buchanan & Carter
Listing: grade 2
The church and centre are located within a reinforced concrete framed building which is roofed with a folded plate timber roof, covered in copper. The external cladding consists of brickwork, reclaimed stone from the old church and artificial stone moulded blocks some of which are glazed with stained glass. The ground floor of the building contains the Lorrimore Centre. The first floor has the church and church hall. At the rear of the church is a balcony with organ loft. The church is orientated towards the east and at the east end behind the altar is a small Lady Chapel.