Kingston Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
Micklethwaite & Somers Clarke
A beautiful grade II* listed church building with attached community centre, hosting a wide variety of events and activities.There is access between the church and community centre as well as from Augustus or Inner Park Road, respectively.
St Paul’s Church is designed in flowing Decorated Gothic style. Excluding the fittings and decoration, the church remains largely as built. The first impression is of a broad, light and spacious interior, and the oak woodwork enhances this. The church stained glass windows and most of its furnishings, fittings and decoration date from its early years and are by C E Kempe or Kempe and Co. The organ was installed by W Hill and Sons in 1892 and has been added to since. St Paul’s high listing reflects the quality of the building and its Kempe glass and furnishings and its links with major figures of the Oxford movement, including Canon Scott Holland.