Menu

Useful information

Patron

CPAS and Church Society (jointly)

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Wandsworth Deanery

Archdeaconry

Wandsworth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1896-97

Architect

E W Mountford

Listing

2

In the architects’ words the church was “designed in the late Gothic style adapted to modern needs and treated in a nineteenth manner”. A high tower was designed for the north east corner where the toothed brickwork of the vestry was left but due to the cost it was never built.

The nave and chancel is one space without a division at the chancel arch with north and south aisles and twin octagonal turrets at the west end finished with lead flat roofs. The nave and vestry roofs are tiled and the aisle and north porch roofs are slated. The walls are brick with stone dressings to the door and window openings.

The seating capacity is variable to a maximum of about 500.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close