The Vicar of St Mary, Lewisham
Woolwich Episcopal Area
West Lewisham Deanery
Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry
Details of the Church
Greenaway & Newberry
Church history archive: www.croftonpark.com/sainthildas/archive
The church was constructed in about 1907 and, although it suffered minor damage during the Second World War, is substantially in its original form.
The original form of construction of the church had a central small spire and ten corner windows to the original Nave before the construction or the aisles and tower.
Accommodation comprises nave with north and south aisles, sanctuary and chancel, vestry and porches, with a tower rising at the south east corner. There is also a crypt which houses a chapel. The church hall is to the rear.