Menu

Useful information

Patron

Church Trust Fund Trust

Episcopal Area

Woolwich Episcopal Area

Deanery

Charlton Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1852-53

Architect

Arthur Ashpitel

Listing

2

The church is situated on an island site surrounded by residential property and is a local landmark. The building comprises nave, north and south aisles, chancel, vestry, crèche in former choir vestry, organ chamber in south chancel aisle, west gallery with fellowship room beneath, west tower with spire, toilets and flower room formed in south porch. Externally stone with slate roofs; internally, stone piers and windows, rendered and painted walls.

Major internal re-ordering took place during 1999.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close