Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Blackheath Park: St Michael & All Angels

Charlton Deanery

Address

Blackheath Park
London
SE3

Location map

Parish website

External photo

Parish Contacts

Rev Sandy Christie (Vicar)

St Michael's Vicarage
2 Pond Road
Blackheath Park
London SE3 9HL

Tel: 020-8852 5287
E-mail: ar.christie@virgin.net

Parish Office
1 Pond Road
London SE3 9JL

Tel: 020-8852 1205

Parish website: www.se3.org.uk

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Population (1991 census): 3,441
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: Charlton

Archdeaconry: Lewisham

Episcopal Area: Woolwich

Diocesan Record Office: London Metropolitan Archives

Details of Church

Internal photo

Built: 1829 - 30
Architect: George Smith
Listing: grade 2*

The church was designed in a Gothic style by George Smith and built in 1829-30 at a cost of £4,000, the gift of John Cator Esq. The building consists of a tall nave with galleries in both north and south aisles and at the west end. The tall spire, 172 feet high, known as "the Needle of Kent" is unusually placed at the east end of the church. Staircases at the north west and south west corners lead to the galleries and the two entrances were originally at the foot of these stairs. The north and south porches are later additions, as is the north east vestry which was added in 1879.

The church is built of load-bearing Gault brickwork with Bath stone dressings and roofed with Welsh slates.