Menu

Useful information

Patron

CPAS & Rector of Clapham, Holy Trinity

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Lambeth South Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lambeth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1957-58

Architect

N F Cachemaille Day

Listing

2

St James’ church occupies a confined site fronting the public highway at the liturgical east and west ends, that is, Park Hill Road and Briarwood Hill Road respectively.

The building consists of one principal volume comprising a nave, chancel and sanctuary with a campanile attached to the south side near the west end, and single storey vestries and toilet facilities at the north west and south west corners. There is a principal west door which opens into a glazed lobby, with cloakrooms on either side, and side entrances at the mid points of both long elevations. The east end fronting Park Hill Road has a bowed front containing a large stained glass window which creates an illuminated reredos for the altar and is flanked by single storey adjuncts at the north east and south east corners.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close