Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Woolwich Episcopal Area

Deanery

Dulwich Deanery

Archdeaconry

Southwark Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1880-81

Architect

Weeks & Hughes

Listing

NL

The church was originally constructed with a nave and two aisles fully fitted with pews giving seating for about 650 people.  It had a chancel with choir and sanctuary, a north transept containing the organ and a south transept forming a chapel.  There is no tower, but at the west end are two bell turrets. There is a small projecting west porch.

In 1978 – 79 the building was extensively remodelled and converted into a community centre with a central worship area shared by the Anglicans and the United Reformed Church. A children’s day centre, activity hall with toilets off and dining arrangements were incorporated into the remodelled building.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close