Joint Patronage, the Bishop & Board of Trustees
Woolwich Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
The original church built in 1843-4 by G Alexander was damaged by fire and rebuilt by Street in 1858. The west tower, spire and long outer walls of the Commissioners’ church were kept and the chancel was enlarged and embellished.
The church is generally rectangular in plan with the tower and spire projecting centrally at the west end and a porch at the west end of the north elevation. The vestry is located at the north east corner and the organ loft at the south east corner.