Surveyor, Marshall's Charity
The Charity was formed in 1631 and its purposes include:
• making grants for the support of parsonages to dioceses of the Church of England and the Church in Wales
• making restoration and repair grants to Anglican churches in the Dioceses of Canterbury, Guildford, Lincoln, Rochester and Southwark.
• supporting, as Patrons, the Parish of Christ Church, Southwark
The charity holds property investments as well as being involved with property in its grant making capacity and therefore employs a surveyor who works closely with the charity’s clerk (chief executive) to run the charity. The trustees are seeking to replace the current surveyor on his retirement. The main functions of are:
• Property management including the planning and delivery of repair and improvement works to maintain, upgrade or redevelop existing property assets
• Reviewing and appraising property investments and making recommendations.
• Supporting the grant application process through appraisal of proposed schemes, inspection, and recommendations.
• Supporting the dioceses and furthering the charity’s links with them.
The successful candidate will be a chartered surveyor and experience of designing and delivering building works, whilst not essential, would be advantageous.
Permanent contract, salary circa £60,000pa, not less than 32.5 hpw.
Further details are available from Alistair Carter, Macdonald and Company. Email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29 January 2021
Interviews will be held in February 2021. Start date 1 June 2021.