Thy Kingdom Come
What is Thy Kingdom Come?
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement which invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know Jesus Christ.
Why is it important?
This year’s Thy Kingdom Come takes place in a very different world from any we could have expected, yet the need for prayer in this time of crisis has never been greater. We have an incredible opportunity to show the love and peace of Jesus Christ, not just in our own lives but in our communities, too.
That is why Thy Kingdom Come 2020 is focusing on both prayer and care: encouraging people to pray for others to come to know Jesus’ love in their own lives, and also to demonstrate that love in action.
How can the Diocese help?
The Mission Department has designed free resources to help you to mark this event while observing Government guidelines on social distancing:
- ‘Everyday Faith’ reflections for the Nine Days, specially adapted for use during the Coronavirus crisis to aid you in praying for education, health, government, families and more. Download them in booklet format here and as single pages here
- a prayer postcard with space to write the names of five people for whom you are praying and caring. Download the postcard here
- a leaflet with ideas and inspiration for marking the event at home. Download the leaflet here
- a specially adapted order of service for morning and evening prayer from Ascension to Pentecost. Download it in booklet format here and as single pages here.
Special resources aimed at children and young people include:
- Bright Ideas for Families at Home: multiple creative ideas for prayer with families, including additional needs
- More Prayer Ideas for Families and Households
- Simple Prayer Spaces at Home
- Messy Church – Family Prayer – Making Disciples
- Messy Church – Family Prayer – The Lord’s Prayer
- A Global Wave of Prayer – children
- A Global Wave of Prayer – young people
- Diddy Disciples activity sheet
- Online Family Prayer Adventure Map
- Printed Family Prayer Adventure Map (pack of five, free but pay P&P)
- Family Creative Prayer Journal (cost £5)
- Family Prayer Pack (cost £12.50)
- Messy Church Pentecost resource (available 25 May)
- Godly Play for children’s group leaders (via Zoom).
Building a community online
Social media is a great resource for helping us to feel connected. We are encouraging everyone in the Diocese to share images, ideas and prayers on Facebook or Twitter @SouthwarkCofE using the hashtags #TKC and #PrayerAndCare.
We also encourage you to share your stories with us via e-mail, by sending them to email@example.com
Resources from Thy Kingdom Come Global
Bespoke resources and information are also available from thykingdomcome.global. This includes material to download on prayer, liturgical resources, Novena booklets and a ‘Prayer and Care’ pack for purchase which can be delivered to your door.