Jesus sends us out into the world to both be and share good news where he has placed us. The vision of the Mission and Evangelism Team is that every Christian in Southwark Diocese might have confidence to sensitively communicate the difference that God has made in our lives. We long to see every parish develop a clear strategy for communicating the Gospel so as to awaken faith in others as part of their Mission Action Plan. All these resources have been chosen to envision and equip us for that joyful task which belong to us all.
- Archbishop Justin sets out his vision for a church in which every Christian shares 'the revolutionary love' of Jesus Christ
- Report from the Archbishops' Evangelism Task Group
Mission Resources for Churches
- HOPE is a catalyst for local church mission, with lots of resources and ideas for mission.
- Season of Invitation, a new initiative from Back To Church Sunday with resources for five invitational services. See also a similar initiative for a Rhythm of Mission produced by HOPE (http://www.hopetogether.org.uk/Groups/256542/Rhythm_of_Mission.aspx) where the church calendar provides significant mission opportunities.
- Try Praying is a well designed 7 day pray guide (available as app or booklet) ‘for people who don’t go to church but are open to try praying and see what happens’. There are versions for Children and Youth, along with Banners and Posters, making this a simple but effective resource for a whole church initiative around prayer and mission.
- Deo Gloria Trust have high quality hand-stitched textile banners which are available for short-term hire to churches.
Evangelism Resources for Churches, Groups & Individuals
- Ugly Duckling - a set of resources to stimulate spiritual conversations including Puzzling Questions, Table Talk, and the Happiness Lab.
- Jesus Deck – a retro set of 1970s educational ‘playing cards’ that have become a unique spirit led tool for evangelism. To find out more order the Grove Booklet EV112 - Using the Jesus Deck.
- Gabriel Collective - encourages vlogging as way of sharing about faith for 18 – 35 year olds.
- Now a Christian - sign up for a free 5 week daily reading that will help you to make your own decisions about the difference that having a Christian faith will make to your life.
Increasing Confidence & Training in Evangelism
- Faith Pictures - a free course developed by church army with videos to download designed to help Christians talk more openly and confidently about what they believe.
- The Natural Evangelism Course - a six session training programme providing insights, activities and talking points to help individuals understand how to share their faith.
- Essence - free six session resource to download from sharejesus designed for spiritual seekers to stimulate an explanation of Christianity
- Alpha Youth - The Alpha Youth Film Series is made up of 12 episodes designed to engage youth in conversations about faith, life and Jesus. It's FREE to download.
- Christianity Explored
Websites explaining Christian Faith
- http://christianity.org.uk/ - Excellent website to link to with interactive facility for those who have questions.
- https://peacewithgod.net/ – New Billy Graham initiative, invites prayer of faith. Sign up your church for those looking for church via http://www.searchforjesus.net/
- Rejesus http://www.rejesus.co.uk/ Creative website with different sections to explore Christian faith and spirituality.
- Bethinking http://www.bethinking.org/ Website aimed at students, produced by uccf:thechristianunions.