Bulletin no.3 - Friday 27 March
8 months ago
This is the third bulletin from the Coronavirus Task Group (CTG) which we hope will provide useful help and information:
Please find attached:
- The latest letter from the Archbishops and Bishops concerning the use of our Church buildings
- Materials from the Church of England concerning funerals. These materials are available on the Church of England website here: https://www.churchofengland.org/life-events/funerals/clergy-funeral-and-bereavement-resources where you will also find some resources for mourners.
- Some guidance from the Ecclesiastical concerning temporarily closed churches and church properties: https://www.ecclesiastical.com/risk-management/unoccupied-properties-during-covid-19/church/
And here are the top five priorities in this:
- a) Protect against electrical fires - turn off and unplug electrical equipment
- b) Guard against escape of water losses
- c) Protect your property
- d) Try to periodically check the property
- e) Review your health and safety arrangements
As ever, we ask you to take good care of yourselves, to stay at home and to share any concerns or needs with colleagues including your Area Dean, Archdeacon and Bishops.
Please be assured of our prayers at this time.
The Coronavirus Task Group
(Bishop Christopher, the Very Revd Andrew Nunn, the Venerable Alastair Cutting, Ruth Martin and the Revd Canon Wendy Robins)