Register to join Bishop Martin’s Climate Pilgrimage
The walks will take place in different parts of the Diocese on different days, with the final walk finishing at Southwark Cathedral ahead of the Maundy Thursday Chrism Eucharist where we will be met by Bishop Christopher.
Each of the walks will explore a different theme in connection to the climate and ecological crisis. Numbers will be limited to 35 for each walk so please sign up soon to avoid disappointment. Please click on a walk below to book:
- Reigate and Tandridge Deaneries [Farming, Biodiversity and Transport] 17 February
- Kingston and Merton Deaneries [Governance, Democracy and Citizenship] 24 February
- Charlton and Deptford Deaneries [Finance and Global Trade] 01 March
- Tooting and North Lambeth Deaneries [Racial justice, Cost of Living and Air Pollution] 8 March
- Schools and young people Wednesday [Intergenerational Justice] 20 March
The walk for Schools and Young People is taking place in partnership with Trinity School Lewisham and will take place after lunch on Wednesday 20 March. If you would like to walk with the young people from Trinity School, to talk with them and listen to their concerns for climate justice, please email Revd Vanessa Elston on [email protected].
- Battersea to Southwark Cathedral [Lay and ordained priestly and prophetic vocation] 28 March Registration is now closed