Diocesan Environmental Group
Rt Revd Richard Cheetham, Bishop of Kingston
Diocesan Environment Officer:
Sue Mallinson, JPIC adviser
Area Environment Advisers:
At its November 2013 meeting the Southwark Diocesan Synod approved a new Diocesan policy on the environment called 'Taking Care of God's Creation', a copy of which can be downloaded from here along with a list of members of the Working Group.
Sign up to the regular newsletter of Shrinking the Footprint, the Church of England’s Environmental Campaign, for ideas on how to take action on environmental issues, and news updates
Resources for Creationtide
‘Creationtide’ or the ‘Season of Creation’ is the period in the annual church calendar (from 1st September to 4th October) dedicated to God as Creator and Sustainer of all life.
Shrinking the Footprint, the Church of England’s Environmental Campaign, has collected together seven Creationtide Resources: select below or access them at the foot of the Shrinking the Footprint page (on the Church Care website).
- A series of liturgical resources throughout the season of Creationtide , including collects and post-communion prayers from across the church’s year, forms of intercession and additional material for Order One Holy Communion, together with Readings for Years A, B and C, hymns and songs. Produced for trial use by the Diocese of Guildford in 2016
Download Liturgical Resources
- Resources for worship and prayer produced by the CofE Environment Task Group: including a variety of Scripture readings - Old and New Testaments, and Psalms; Hymns and Songs - plus Songs for Children, Taize chants, Classical and Popular music; Prayers for the Earth based on the fifth mark of mission, links to worship and study resources and a book list
Download resources for Worship & Prayer
- A liturgy for All-Age Worship eucharist on Creation Sunday, giving thanks for the wonders of God’s creation, produced by Canon Vicky Johnson whilst incumbent of St Michael’s Flixton in the Diocese of Manchester
Download Creation Sunday All-Age Worship Liturgy
- If you would like daily reflections sent to you throughout Creationtide you can sign up to EcoChurch Southwest list. Under the theme ‘Inspiring Earth’, participants will be sent a message every day with a biblical passage, prayer or reflection, questions and stories of creation care.
Sign up to EcoChurch Southwest List
- To help you explore and celebrate the Season of Creation there are readings and discussion questions, – six for each week of Creationtide alongside other material; suitable for groups or for individual reflection. All kinds of writings: religious and secular, fiction and factual, contemporary and historic.
Download Readings & Discussion Questions.
- To join a global prayer forum, hold an event, or for more material to help you celebrate Creationtide, see Season of Creation site
- Material for Seasons and Festivals of the Agricultural Year from Common Worship: Times and Seasons, commended by the House of Bishops for use at the discretion of the minister: Creation, Plough Sunday, Rogationtide, Lammastide, Harvest Thanksgiving and Prayer in Times of Agricultural Crisis
Download Material for Seasons & Festivals of the Agricultural Year.