Sutton: Christ Church
(within the Sutton Team Ministry)
Tel: 020 8642 2757
Parish website: www.christchurch.suttonteam.org.uk
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Architect: Newman & Jacques
Listing: grade C
The church comprises a nave of five bays, a chancel, apsidal sanctuary, north and south aisles, chapel, narthex and vestries.
The church was built in 1888 by Newman and Jacques and the narthex, baptistry, tower base (which has since functioned as a porch) and Lady Chapel, all by J D Round and built c. 1910-12. (Pevsner) . The chapel was partially demolished and remodelled by J S West in 1984 and now forms an adjunct to the chancel.