Saint Helier: St Peter
(within the parish of St Helier, St Peter)
See parish website: www.parishofsthelier.co.uk
St Peter's serves the St Helier Estate in Morden and Carshalton in south London in partnership with its daughter church, Bishop Andrewes and other local churches.
Details of Church
Architect: Sir Charles Nicholson
Listing: not listed
This church, designed by Sir Charles Nicholson, was consecrated in 1932, has a nave, aisles and south chapel with a clergy vestry, small choir vestry, kitchen and lavatories An organ gallery above the west entrance covers a porch or narthex. There is a small belfry.
It is built in red/brown bricks with copper roofs and a large mural in rather garish colours has been added to the west end.