Cheam: St Alban the Martyr
(within the Cheam Team Ministry)
Tel: 0300 330 1456
10.30am Family Mass
Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, disabled toilet, crèche.
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Saint Alban's is one of three churches within the parish of Cheam. However, we each have a character all of our own.
We are a welcoming church with a good musical tradition meeting in a reconstructed Tudor barn. While we have a varied membership, we have many young families. Two Sunday Schools, crèche facilities, uniformed organisations and the parish school are all part of our church family. Our study groups, craft club and community events appeal to all ages. The liturgy is in many ways traditional, with services through the week and a fine tradition of celebrating the church's year.
Built: 1928 - 33
Architect: Edward A Swann
Listing: not listed
St Alban's Church was built using materials salvaged from Cheam Court Farm which was part of the Nonsuch Palace Estate at Cheam. A choir vestry was added at the west end of the building and a small meeting room has been added at the south west corner of the church.
The church comprises nave and chancel with an organ on the north side of the chancel. The clergy vestry is located on the south side of the chancel with access into the aisles of the nave. In addition there is a choir vestry with toilets at the west end of the church with further new accommodation in the form of a meeting room and kitchen at the south west corner. The main entrance to church is via a porch on the north side.