Catford: St John the Baptist
Part of the Catford (Southend) and Downham Team Ministry
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Architect: Sir Charles Nicholson
Listing: grade C
Built to the design of Sir Charles Nicholson in 1928. Vestry added in 1932. The west end remains unfinished.
The church comprises a nave of two bays and a chancel of three bays, with side aisles, north and south transepts, Lady Chapel at the south east corner, and a choir vestry within single storey extension on the south side.
Re-ordering in 1977 included a new sanctuary within the crossing and a corona by John Hayward, plus the enclosure of the east end sanctuary to create a clergy vestry.