Our Vision

Hearts on Fire with a Vision for growth

South Norwood: St Alban

Croydon North Deanery


Grange Road
South Norwood
SE25 6RD

Location map

External photo

Parish Contacts

Revd Russell T Lawson

St Albans Vicarage
6 Dagmar Road
South Norwood
London SE25 6HZ

E-mail: rtl70@btinternet.com

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts


Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Deanery: Croydon North

Archdeaconry: Croydon

Episcopal Area: Croydon

Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre

Details of Church

External photoBuilt: 1889 - 1939
Architect: William Bucknall & Sir Ninian Comper
Listing: grade 2

The church was started in 1889 and carried forward in stages until completion in 1925. In 1939 the narthex and porch were added to the liturgical west end. It consists of the traditional nave, aisles, chancel and single north transept. Vestries, boiler room and stores are situated in the crypt beneath the east end of the church. Pitched roofs are carried on rafters, purlins and trusses bearing on solid thick brick walls with stone dressings and buttresses. The 1939 addition at the west end is covered in a flat roof.