Our Vision

Hearts on Fire with a Vision for growth

Croydon Minster

Croydon Central Deanery

Within the parish of Croydon, St John the Baptist


Church Street

Location Map
Parish website

Parish Contacts

Revd Andrew Bishop (Priest in Charge)

84 Higher Drive

020 8688 8104

Parish Office
Church Street
Croydon CR0 1RN

Tel: 020 8688 8104
Fax: 020 8688 5877
E-mail: croydonparishchurch@btconnect.com

Parish website:

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 15th century, rebuilt in 1870 after fire
Architect: rebuilt by Sir George Gilbert Scott
Listing: grade 1

The original 15th Century church was almost completely destroyed by fire in 1867; today only the much restored tower and south porch remain from the original building. In 1870 the church was rebuilt on the old foundations by Sir George Gilbert Scott, one of the greatest architects of the Victorian age. The rebuilt church loosely followed the design of the original Perpendicular building. The walls of the church are of ashlar which is faced with knapped flint with dressings of soft stone, already much eroded. The interior of the church is very fine, particularly impressive features include the timber roof of the nave and Chancel, the restored tombs of Archbishops Whitgift and Sheldon, and the Alabaster reredos.