Children & Youth
Children & Young People's Mission & Ministry (CYPM&M)
Message from Bishop Christopher
“In Southwark Diocese we long to see children and young people with Hearts on Fire for Jesus. I am very pleased to commend this publication, which outlines the support available from the Diocese of Southwark in this vital area of ministry.”
Our Vision: 2019
Our vision is to see children and young people (CYP) with hearts on fire for Jesus, growing in faith with the confidence to share it; contributing to the life of the Church and its mission, at every level.
The whole Church has a role to play: walking alongside CYP by supporting households grow in faith together and through walking alongside schools; welcoming and hearing the voice of all children and young people, whatever their background or ability; growing expressions of church where CYP are actively involved, as we seek to grow God’s kingdom both numerically and spiritually.
Our Diocesan CYP Goals
- To work towards every CYP having a life-enhancing encounter with the Christian faith and the person of Jesus Christ.
- To encourage every parish to create a culture where CYP are welcomed, actively involved, growing spiritually, equipped to share their faith with friends and family and have their voices heard.
- To encourage churches to actively build strong relationship with households and schools, making use of local partnerships with other churches or parachurch organisations, and through working together as deaneries.
- To affirm, support and develop all those working with CYP in the name of the Church, at a variety of different levels.
- To numerically grow the average weekly attendance of CYP by 5% by 2025 through existing and fresh expressions of church.
Our support for your ministry
The three main areas of focus are Advice, Training and Resourcing.
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter, with latest news, events, training and stories from around the Diocese.
Who’s on the team?
Revd Canon Jay Colwill, Canon Missioner for the Diocese, oversees CYPM&M
Aike Kennett-Brown, part-time Mission Support Officer, Children and Young People
Keli Bolton, Mission Support Officer, Children & Young People with Mission Action Planning
Kim Jeffal, Mission Support Administrator
Got a question? Contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW 020 7939 9400