Children, Families & Youth
Children & Young People's Mission & Ministry (CYPM&M)
COVID update for Mission and Ministry with Children, Young People & Families in a Church setting: .
Whether you are a parent or involved in CYP ministry at church, you will find a range of resources to support you, both in the home and at church.
Message from Bishop Christopher
“In Southwark Diocese we long to see children and young people with Hearts on Fire for Jesus. I am very pleased to commend this publication, which outlines the support available from the Diocese of Southwark in this vital area of ministry.”
Our vision is to see children and young people (CYP) with hearts on fire for Jesus, growing in faith with the confidence to share it; contributing to the life of the Church and its mission, at every level.
The whole Church has a role to play: walking alongside CYP by supporting households grow in faith together and through walking alongside schools; welcoming and hearing the voice of all children and young people, whatever their background or ability; growing expressions of church where CYP are actively involved, as we seek to grow God’s kingdom both numerically and spiritually.
Our Diocesan CYP Goals
- To work towards every CYP having a life-enhancing encounter with the Christian faith and the person of Jesus Christ.
- To encourage every parish to create a culture where CYP are welcomed, actively involved, growing spiritually, equipped to share their faith with friends and family and have their voices heard.
- To encourage churches to actively build strong relationship with households and schools, making use of local partnerships with other churches or parachurch organisations, and through working together as deaneries.
- To affirm, support and develop all those working with CYP in the name of the Church, at a variety of different levels.
- To numerically grow the average weekly attendance of CYP by 5% by 2025 through existing and fresh expressions of church.
Our support for your ministry
The three main areas of focus are Advice, Training and Resourcing.
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter, with latest news, events, training and stories from around the Diocese.
Who’s on the team?
Revd Canon Jay Colwill, Canon Missioner for the Diocese, oversees CYPM&M
Aike Kennett-Brown, part-time Mission Support Officer, Children and Young People
Keli Bolton, Mission Support Officer, Children & Young People with Mission Action Planning
Kim Jeffal, Mission Support Administrator
Got a question? Contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW 020 7939 9400