Practical work in church and community
Members across the Diocese are committed to many individual activities as well as those organised by the MU.
- Running/helping at Toddler Groups
- Running/helping at Pram Services and Sunday Schools
- Helping run Children's Fun Days.
(For information, guidance and hints on how to run your OWN Fun Day please contact the Diocesan secretary: email@example.com)
- Helping in contact centres for separated families
- Helping at and collecting for refugee centres
- Running Parenting Groups led by MU-trained facilitators
- Baptism preparation and follow-ups
- Knitting clothes for premature babies in hospital
- Providing toiletries, clothes, etc. for survivors of domestic abuse
- Sending Christmas cards to those who work in prison
- Marriage preparation and talks on marriage
- Celebrating Mothering Sunday in church
- Participating in consultations with various government and non-government organisations on issues affecting families