Vicar, St Stephen & St Mark, Lewisham
A Society Parish under the Episcopal oversight of the Bishop of Fulham
This Parish Church is situated in an area of South-East London which is undergoing impressive local reconstruction and residential new build.
It has a devout and loyal Anglo-Catholic congregation which is representative of the area. The Church also has a strong Pastoral responsibility for St Stephen’s Primary School.
Lewisham is the hub of a major transport network of trains, DLR, and buses which reach the far corners of both London and the South East of England.
We are looking for a priest of the Society who will:
- Be committed to leading a congregation with enthusiasm towards a deeper understanding of the Anglo Catholic faith and growing the congregation in a diverse urban community.
- Have practical ideas on how to maintain and continue this tradition.
- Have an understanding that the individual spiritual needs of a diverse congregation may be varied and be able to provide the leadership to bring them together.
- Show an understanding of the importance of building rapport and demonstrating excellent listening skills and empathy.
- Demonstrate some experience of engaging in pastoral care with the younger generation and also the older generation.
- Have creative ideas for mission and outreach to the residents of the new homes.
- Engage with being a part of the wider Christian community at all appropriate levels.
- Be a skilful and interesting preacher of the Gospel, which is so highly valued by the congregation.
For the parish profile and an application pack please go to:
Closing Date: Thursday 30 January 2020
Parish Visit: Wednesday 12 February 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 27 February 2020
A satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Record plus Barred List
Check disclosure is required for this post