Vicar, St Paul, Newington
We are looking for a new priest who will help us build on the achievements of the past and help us focus on the three passions we have identified following much prayer and reflection:
- Our Welcome
- Our Youth Ministry
- Our Discipleship
The parish is located in the neighbourhood of Newington in South London, close to the centre of the city. It has an ethnically diverse and young population living in an area with significant levels of deprivation. At the time of the last census in 2011 the population of the parish was 5294.
St Paul's CE Primary School is located in the parish and is part of the Southwark Diocese Multi Academy Trust.
The current church building is in the Modernist style and was built in 1959/60 after the previous building was destroyed by fire in 1941.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 17 March.
The main responsibilities as expressed in our Mission Action Plan are:
- 'Tell' - Increase our welcome and develop our ministry of presence.
- 'Teach' - Develop our youth ministry and teach, baptise and nurture new believers.
- 'Tend' - Respond to human need by loving service.
- 'Transform' - Seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation.
- 'Treasure' - Worship with music and strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
The Ideal Candidate
For more information about this application process, please use this link
After much thought and prayer by the congregation, PCC and the school we decided that the ideal candidate would:
- Be an inspiring leader
- Have a passion for Youth Ministry
- Have a love of their worship space
- Love music
- Provide pastoral care to the whole parish
- Provide some business acumen to deal with the day-to-day activities
- Have staying power
St Paul's Church seeks to worship God, grow in faith and spirituality, connect with others and live God's love in our community. Our congregation numbers range from 45 to 50 and our main service is on Sunday at 09:30 and includes a Sunday School. Our midweek Eucharist service is on a Wednesday at 11:00.