Vicar, St Mark, Battersea Rise
Applications are invited for the post of Vicar of St Mark’s, Battersea Rise in the Diocese of Southwark, and one of the first church plants from Holy Trinity, Brompton.
St Mark’s is a large, lively, evangelical, charismatic church (500+ adults, 200+ youth and children), a short walk from Clapham Junction.
Core ministry includes:
· an in-depth teaching and pastoral ministry to our church congregation;
· a range of diverse community ministries to the local area; and
· a series of strong partnerships with global mission organisations.
St Mark’s is ready to embark on a new, significant chapter of our life, led by a Vicar who is full of faith, secure in themselves and in their convictions, and with the ability and appetite:
· to lead in mission, locally and globally, with fresh insight
· to develop with vision its growing community ministries – bridges between the church and the local area
· to extend outreach through church planting
· to utilise the regenerated old schoolhouse to expand reach into the community
· to face the challenges of secularism and scepticism in inner-city London
For details of how to apply for this role, please visit the Pathways website. https://pathways.churchofengland.org
The Patron (the Vicar of St Mary’s Battersea) and the Archdeacon of Wandsworth are happy to discuss the post with candidates on an informal basis. Please contact Romana Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8545 2440.
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2020
Parish visits: 9th July 2020
First Interview: 13th July 2020 (which may be virtual)
Second interview: 2nd September 2020
With the exception of the closing date, all dates are provisional and may need to be reviewed in the light of COVID-19 constraints.
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure