Team Vicar, All Saints, Putney Team Ministry
All Saints' is a church in South West London which is full of faith, strong in numbers, welcoming in spirit and is keen to grow and go further on its journey with God.
Together with the Bishop of Southwark, we are looking for a Team Vicar who will:
- Work alongside the Team Rector, who leads St Mary’s, and collaboratively with the congregation of All Saints in discerning God’s leading for the next chapter of its life.
- Have the experience and vision to engage creatively with children and young families, nurturing them in their faith and building on the excellent links with All Saints Primary School.
- Bring an ability to challenge and encourage young and old, partnered or single, established or new at All Saints’ in their own journey of life and faith.
- Preach and teach with intelligence and spiritual challenge; developing discipleship with humour, a lightness of touch, and reflecting liberal and inclusive values.
- Exercise skilful pastoral care, with the depth of wisdom to see beneath an ‘everything is ok’ veneer.
- Have an informed appreciation of church music, able to help us explore further its role in worship, working closely with the musical director.
- Bring their own unique gifts, skills and experiences which will help us see things differently and embrace new challenges and grasp fresh opportunities.
- Be a person rooted in prayer and the Christian faith, enjoy living in Putney, embrace the local communities and love us as we commit ourselves to support, work with and love our priest.
- Be an excellent time manager, balancing the spiritual with the social, in this busy and varied parish.
For an informal conversation and to arrange a time, please contact the Team Rector, Revd John Whittaker, Putney Team Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications: Tuesday 7th January 2020
Parish visit for shortlisted candidates: Saturday 25th January 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 5th February 2020
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure