Rector, St John the Divine, Selsdon
If you are up to the challenge of leading St John’s forward in faith, hope and love, then read on.
St John’s is an active parish church on the southern outskirts of Croydon. Selsdon is a pleasant suburban community with excellent transport links to London and with the Surrey countryside on its doorstep.
There is a large modern four-bedroom rectory adjacent to the church.
St. John’s has many strengths including:–
• a congregation with enthusiasm for the church and supporting a range of outreach
• all access facilities to the church buildings and surrounds
• established links to the wider, thriving community including schools, local groups and charities
• an excellent Parish Administrator, Churchwardens, PCC members and committed volunteers
• the support of 3 honorary staff, an excellent choir and established servers, chalice bearers, intercessors and readers
We need someone who:-
• has the gift to help us grow St. John’s – both as a presence in the community and by actively developing and encouraging our youth work
• will develop a pattern of worship that is sympathetic to our Eucharistic tradition but will offer fresh opportunities to attract new members of all ages
• is sociable, friendly, with a sense of humour, able to interact with all members of the congregation and wider community including the local schools
For further information please visit: https://www.cofepathways.org/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=2756
Closing date: Thursday 08 October 2020
Parish Visit: Monday 02 November 2020
Interview date: Monday 02 November 2020
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure