Priest-in-Charge, St Andrew, Croydon and Associate Priest, Croydon Minster
We are seeking to appoint a priest who will combine the role of Priest-in-Charge of St Andrew’s Church, Croydon, with the post of Associate Priest at Croydon Minster. The postholder will become Team Vicar on the formal establishment of the Croydon Team Ministry and continue as an Associate Priest at the Minster.
This is an exciting post which will suit a priest with energy and imagination at a time of change in central Croydon.
If you have the following gifts and instincts this post may be for you:
• are comfortable and at home in modern catholic liturgy and also the Anglican choral tradition (at the Minster);
• have the ability to gain the confidence of other people in the leadership of transition and work collegially;
• have the ability to discern and form new pastoral structures and oversight of lay teams in new areas of mission and ministry, prioritising demands and delegating appropriately;
• are able to work with the PCC of St Andrew’s in developing the vision for their community engagement maximising the opportunities offered by the church and its associated halls;
• have the stamina, drive and creativity to work with the team in grasping the opportunities and challenges this role provides, including in work with children and young people and in the arts and music.
All of the above should be rooted in a generous, compassionate heart and be grounded in the love of God.
This post comes with a 4-bedroom, eco-vicarage. There are excellent church schools nearby, town centre, trains and sports facilities all in easy distance.
We use the new Church of England Pathways recruitment process. Please see https://www.cofepathways.org/members/modules/jobV2/index.php?id=2531
Closing date: Thursday 16 April 2020
Parish Visit: Thursday 14 May 2020
Interview date: Thursday 14 May 2020
This post is subject to DBS enhanced check