Priest-in-Charge, Immanuel & St Andrew, Streatham
We are a loyal church with a welcoming congregation that care about each other.
Our aim is to help people relate their lives to God and to grow in private faith and public discipleship.
In response to the father’s love for us and for all people we desire:
- To know Jesus and to follow his ways
- To help others in our community and beyond to know Him and
- To grow together as disciples living in the power of the holy spirit
We are seeking a vicar with:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to set a clear agreed vision
- Strong preaching skills and a thought-provoking inspirational messenger with intellectual rigour
- A drive to develop and encourage our praise, worship and music on Sunday mornings
- A strong and infectious faith who will develop discipleship and love of prayer working with and encouraging our established prayer ministry
- The ability to nourish our stewardship and deeper understanding of the bible
- A passion to develop our Youth ministry and to grow junior leaders within the church
- Enthusiasm for young families and to strengthen links with Immanuel & St Andrew C of E school.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other churches and make links with other faiths especially for social justice and outreach
- Resilience and willing to seek appropriate support and supervision.
The congregation want to help and support our new incumbent
For the parish profile and an application pack please go to: https://www.cofepathways.org
For an informal chat with the Archdeacon of Lambeth, please contact Romana Nelson, PA to the archdeacon to arrange a time.
Closing Date: Midnight on 8 March 2020
Parish Visit for shortlisted candidates: Saturday 21 March 2020
Interview Date: 24 March 2020
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure