General Data Protection Regulation
The dates for our next workshops for parishes on the new data protection legislation (GDPR) are:
- Thurs 19th April – Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London Bridge SE1 1HW from 6:30 to 8:00 (with refreshments from 6:15)
- Sat 21st April – Winckworth Sherwood, Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London, SE1 9BB from 10:30 to 12:00 (register at ground floor reception from 10:15)
- Mon 23rd April – All Saints’ Church, Kingston KT1 1JP from 3:30 to 5:00 (with refreshments from 3:15)
- Thurs 26th April – St Mildred’s Church Addiscombe, Croydon CR0 7EB from 11:30 to 1:00 (with refreshments from 11:15)
- Thurs 26th April – Holy Trinity Church Redhill RH1 from 4:30 to 6:00 (refreshments from 4:15)
The workshops are open to clergy and also to lay officers e.g. PCC Secretaries and churchwardens. If anyone would like to attend from your parish, please book a place by emailing Kate Harrison on GDPRworkshops@southwark.anglican.org
New laws on data protection will come into force later this year. The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect in the UK from 25 May 2018 and will replace the existing law on data protection (the Data Protection Act 1998). This new law gives individuals more rights and protection regarding how their personal data is used by organisations.
Parishes and churches must comply with the requirements of the GDPR and a GDPR Toolkit has been developed to help parishes in Southwark understand what they need to do to comply with the new laws. The GDPR toolkit as well as individual checklists and editable templates can be downloaded below.
If you have data protection queries please email email@example.com