Communications & Resources offers a range of stewardship programmes to help parishes tackle this important area of Christian life. The programmes can be tailored to meet the needs of individual parishes and Communications and Resources can support you in running a stewardship initiative. Alternatively, DIY packs are available for the stewardship programmes we offer.
Success of all programmes will always depend on:
- The full support of the PCC
- A dedicated planning group working to clear timescales
For more information and help contact Gabby Parikh.
The programmes we currently offer are:
TRIO (The Responsibility is Ours)
A planned giving campaign which presents the income and expenditure of the parish and challenges the congregation to respond in light of that information.
- Focuses only on money
- Based around a financial presentation to the congregation which includes:
- The finances of their church
- The Fairer Shares Scheme
- The importance of regular giving
- How to give i.e. by standing order or envelopes
- Proportionate giving
- Gift Aid
- All church members receive an information pack and are encouraged to respond
- Active follow up of responses is key
- Can take as little as six weeks from initial planning to final response
- Usually a good success rate
This is a shorter and simpler programme designed for parishes who have lots of new members or are new to the principles of Christian stewardship.
- Generally also used as a follow up to TRIO
- Introduces the principles of stewardship of finances, time and talents in a simple, non-threatening way
- Does not require specialist knowledge to run as a DIY programme
- Begins with the development of a Parish Mission Plan
- Involves the circulation of Pass-it-on folders to the homes of church members
- The main feature is a presentation to which all the congregation is personally invited. This normally takes place as part of the main Sunday service but may be a special 'launch event'.
- Takes three to four weeks to run, but requires up to three months to plan.