Putney: All Saints
Within the Putney Team Ministry
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Built: 1873 - 74
Architect: G E Street
Listing: grade 2*
All Saints Church was built in 1874 to serve the community of West Putney on land at the edge of Putney Common donated by Earl Spencer. The building was a collaboration between George Street, the architect, and the designers Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris. The result is an exquisite example of a late Victorian Arts and Crafts church complete with a set of exceptional stained glass windows. The building also exhibits innovative use of materials to achieve the particular effects desired by the designers.