Sutton: St Nicholas
(within the Sutton Team Ministry)
St Nicholas Church
St Nicholas Way
Surrey SM1 2RG
Tel: 020-8642 3499
Fax: 020-8642 1594
8.00 am Holy Communion (BCP)
10.30 am All Age Worship
Parish Eucharist (all other Sundays)
6.30 pm Four Churches United Evening Worship
(1st & 3rd Sundays)
Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, crèche, induction loop, large print books
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Local Ecumenical Partnership with the Baptist, Methodist and United Reformed Churches
Population (2001 census): 8,313
Built: 1862 - 64
Architect: Edwin Nash
Listing: grade C
The Parish Church of St Nicholas Sutton was begun in 1862 and consecrated on 17th February 1864.
The building was erected on a site that has been used as a church since Saxon times and since consecration a number of extensions have been built.
In 1893 a new vestry was built with clergy and choir rooms. A large basement was provided for the organ blowing plant and the north porch was built.