Mortlake: St Mary the Virgin
(within the Mortlake with East Sheen Team Ministry)
Built: 1543, extended 1885
Architect: extended by Sir Arthur Blomfield
Listing: grade 2*
St Mary's church was originally built in 1543, but has been extensively and continuously altered since then, resulting in the use of a number of building materials and architectural styles.
The church consists of a nave, north and south aisles, an attached west end tower, chancel, two-storey vestry church rooms, choir vestry and clergy vestry.