Barnes: Holy Trinity
(a member of the Barnes Team Ministry)
Revd David Cooke
All correspondence to:
The Parish Office
London SW13 9ET
Tel: 020 8741 7330
Church Website: www.htbarnes.org
Vicars Blog: http://cookiesdays.blogspot.co.uk/
10am Morning Service
Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, creche, Sunday School, Youth Group
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Population (2001 census): 5,129
Urban Priority Area: No
Deanery: Richmond & Barnes
Episcopal Area: Kingston
Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre
Holy Trinity Barnes is an informal Anglican congregation, who meet on Sundays at 10am.
We are a recent Church Plant (September 2012).
We exist to glorify God by making disciples, seeking to plant new communities of faith in Barnes and beyond!
Details of the church
Architect: Thomas Allom
Listing: Not listed
The church began in 1855 as a little cottage chapel in Castelnau, then expanding into the building of the present church in 1868. The church plan consists of a nave without aisles, vestigial transepts and chancel. It is constructed of coursed ragstone with dressed stone quoins and buttresses in a free Decorated style.
The church originally contained 12 stained glass windows, which were all destroyed by bombing during the Second World War.