Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Wimbledon: Emmanuel - Proprietary Chapel

Merton Deanery

A Proprietary Chapel within the area of the Wimbledon Team Ministry

Sorry - picture not available

Ridgeway
Wimbledon
London
SW19

Location map

Church website

Parish Contacts

Rev Jonathan Fletcher (Minister-in-charge)

Rev Paul Dawson (Assistant Curate)
41 Circle Gardens, Merton Park, London SW19 3JX
E-mail: paul.dawson@dundonald.org

Church website: www.wimbledon.org.uk

Profile in The Bridge

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Built: 1888
Listing: not listed

Probably built in the 1880's, the structure is rather unusual. The plan of the original church provided a large nave with the transept to the south side and the small chancel to the east. There was a west end gallery and a small west end tower. Original entrances were provided at the west end from a covered porch and to the south transept. Also via a small covered and enclosed porch. The interior must have felt very open as the clerestory to the nave is supported on slender cast iron columns. Unusually the clerestory is timber framed construction, this being expressed externally by tile hanging with timber clerestory windows. Externally, all other walls are red brick and windows are lancets with stone dressings. All roofs are covered in slate apart from the new roof at the south cast meeting rooms. The slender west end tower is topped by a small slated steeple over an open timber gallery. Below the gallery is a clock which shows faces to E, W, N and S.