Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Morden: St George

Merton Deanery

(within the Morden Team Ministry)

External photo

Address

Central Road
Morden
Surrey

Location map

Parish website

Parish Contacts

The Revd Leslie Wells
(Team Vicar)

5 Willows Avenue
Morden
Surrey SM4 5SG

Tel: 07804 231492

E-mail: leswells80@hotmail.com

Parish website:
www.st-georges-church.co.uk

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Details of the Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1932
Listing: not listed

The church originated as a hall, built in 1932 on the St Helier Estate. A separate wooden hut was built on the south side of the site and for a time this served as the church. Subsequently, the roles of the two buildings were reversed and they were linked at the western end.

The accommodation now consists of the church built of brick, with a tiled roof, and a toilet and store at the west end, and a later two room extension at the east end, the timber hut with a felt tiled roof and small rooms at both the east and west ends and a brick link covered by a flat felt roof containing a lounge, kitchen and toilets.