Sydenham: Holy Trinity
West Lewisham Deanery
(2nd, 4th, and 5th Sunday) 10.00 am Holy Communion (1st and 3rd Sunday)
Morning Worship (2nd, 4th, and 5th Sunday) Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, disabled toilet, crèche, induction loop, large print books
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Simeon Trustees
a local community church, informal worship, with an emphasis on making real connections with people's lives.
a church committed to both reaching out and reaching in: reaching in to search ourselves and test the reality of our commitment to Christ; reaching out to share the love Christ has shown us.
a church which celebrates being all ages and multi-cultural.
a church where all belong equally, regardless of whether they have been part of the body for 6 months or 60 years.
Details of the Church
Architect: E C Christmas
Listing: not listed
The church is located on Trinity Path, off Sydenham Park, and was constructed as the church hall of the original church in 1924. The hall was designed and built by E C Christmas. The older church was demolished around 1979 at which point the present use of the building commenced.
The long axis of the hall is orientated approximately east/west, with the main entrance at the east end. Worship is conducted across the width of the hall, facing north.
The main hall is surrounded on its east, west and north sides by ancillary rooms. The new rooms were constructed by the north west corner in the 1980s.