Crofton Park: St Hilda with St Cyprian
West Lewisham Deanery
Fr Bates (Vicar)
St Hilda's Vicarage, Buckthorne Road, Brockley, London SE4 2DG
Tel: 020-8699 1277
Parish e-mail: SaintHildas@croftonpark.com
Church history archive: www.croftonpark.com/sainthildas/archive/
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Vicar of Lewisham, St Mary
Urban Priority Area: No
Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich
Episcopal Area: Woolwich
Architect: Greenaway & Newberry
Listing: grade C
Church history archive: www.croftonpark.com/sainthildas/archive
The church was constructed in about 1907 and, although it suffered minor damage during the Second World War, is substantially in its original form.
The original form of construction of the church had a central small spire and ten corner windows to the original Nave before the construction or the aisles and tower.
Accommodation comprises nave with north and south aisles, sanctuary and chancel, vestry and porches, with a tower rising at the south east corner. There is also a crypt which houses a chapel. The church hall is to the rear.
The church of Brockley, St Cyprian was bombed during the Second World War and has been demolished.