Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Lee: St Mildred

East Lewisham Deanery

Address

St Mildred's Road
Lee
London
SE12 0RA

 

Parish website

External photo

Parish Contacts

The Revd Tom Lake (Vicar)

The Vicarage
1a Helder Grove
Lee
London SE12 0RB

Tel: 020 8857 5205
E-mail: tomlake@gmail.com

Parish website

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Population (2001 census): 9,463
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: East Lewisham

Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich

Episcopal Area: Woolwich

Diocesan Record Office: Lewisham Archives Centre

Details of Church

Built: 1878-79
Architect: H Elliot
Listing: not listed

The church has a lofty nave, lean-to aisles, transepts, apsidal chancel, and entrance porch across the length of the West end. It has no tower, rather a bell turret.

Externally the walls are faced in a Kentish ragstone with soft (probably Bath) stone dressings. The interior of the walls are fairfaced gault brickwork. Roofs are plain red clay tiles. A church built in the late Victorian period, typical of its time, solid but undistinguished which could be overcome by the introduction of some decorations.

In 1992/3 the church underwent major internal alterations with the removal of pews, lowering of pew platforms and close carpeting which have improved its spatial appearance and introduced great flexibility of use.