Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

South Lambeth: St Anne & All Saints

Lambeth North Deanery

Address

Miles Street
South Lambeth Road
London
SW8 1SA

Location map

Parish website

External photo

Parish Contacts

The Revd Fraser Dyer
(Priest-in-Charge)

The Vicarage
179 Fentiman Road
London. SW8 1JY

Tel: 020 7735 3191
E-mail: revdfraserdyer@gmail.com

Parish website: www.stanneandallsaints.org.uk

Sunday Services

10.30am Parish Eucharist
(with children's and young people's activities)
Evening services as advertised, more information from the parish contact.

Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, disabled toilet, crèche, induction loop, large print books

Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Archbishop of Canterbury & Bishop of Southwark (alternately)

Population (2001 census): 11,711
Urban Priority Area: Yes

Deanery: Lambeth North

Archdeaconry: Lambeth

Episcopal Area: Kingston

Diocesan Record Office: London Metropolitan Archives

Details of church

Built: 1793/1876/1958
Architect: R Parkinson
Listing: not listed

Originally built in the late 18th century as a ‘Chapel of Ease’ in the parish of St Mary Lambeth, St Anne's Church was rebuilt in 1876 to designs by the architect R Parkinson. After bomb damage during the Second World War, it was again rebuilt in 1958. On this occasion the building was divided horizontally by the insertion of a reinforced concrete floor to provide a church hall at semi-basement level and the church itself at first floor level above.

A Lady Chapel has been formed within the apse at first floor level which is separated from the church by a semi-glazed screen.

In 1990, work was carried out to provide disabled access to both the church and the hall. This work included the installation of two wheelchair stair lifts, and the remodelling of the front paved garden on South Lambeth Road to provide a ramp up into the building.

More recently a major extension has been constructed to provide a new entrance to the church and a new community meeting room plus ancillary facilities.

The building is of load-bearing solid brick construction, generally in London yellow stock with red brick decorations. Rubbed brick window arches are semi-circular in form, and there are masonry decorations (strings/cornices etc.) to the apse at the east end. Main roofs are slate clad on timber and steel construction.