New Eltham: All Saints
Eltham & Mottingham Deanery
Revd Annette Rose
All Saints Vicarage
22 Bercta Road
London SE9 3TZ
Tel: 0208 850 0374
8.00am Holy Communion
10.00am Holy Communion
(Family Communion 10.30am
Thursday 11.00am Holy Communion
Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, induction loop, large print books
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Bishop of Southwark
Population (2001 census): 8,253
Urban Priority Area: No
Deanery: Eltham & Mottingham
Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich
Episcopal Area: Woolwich
Diocesan Record Office: Greenwich Heritage Centre
New Eltham is essentially a place where people, especially families, make their homes. Many of them are commuters. All Saints' Church has been at the heart of the parish since the district developed a century ago, and, working closely with the three other Christian denominations represented there, aims to ensure that God always has a place in our midst. Our Sunday worship caters for adults and children of all ages and our church hail is used during the week by a range of associated organisations. We work closely with our primary schools and other local services.
Architect: P Dollar / Thomas Ford
Listing: not listed
The nave and aisles were erected in 1898 to the designs of the architect P Dollar. The east end, designed by Thomas Ford comprising vestries, organ chamber, chancel and Lady Chapel, was added in 1931. The north west porch, which serves as the main entrance to the church, was erected in 1937.
The church is designed in the gothic style with a simple lancet style nave with a perpendicular style chancel.
The accommodation comprises nave, aisles, chancel, Lady Chapel, organ chamber, choir vestry, priest's vestry and north west porch.
The external walls are constructed in brick laid in English bond. The facing bricks are red and they vary slightly in colour and texture according to the different ages of construction. The main roofs are covered in clay tiles and the flat roofs are generally asphalted.