Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Mottingham: St Edward the Confessor

Eltham & Mottingham Deanery

Address

St Keverne Road
Mottingham
London
SE9

Location map

External photo

Parish Contacts

Rev Margaret Jackson (Vicar)

St Edward's Vicarage
St Keverne Road
Mottingham
London SE9 4AQ

Tel: 020-8857 6278
E-mail: rev.mjackson@gmail.com

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Population (2001 census): 8,949
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: Eltham & Mottingham

Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich

Episcopal Area: Woolwich

Diocesan Record Office: Greenwich Heritage Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1957
Architect: David Nye & Partners
Listing: not listed

The church stands opposite the junction with St Keverne Road and Kimmeridge Road and is flanked by the church hall and vicarage. It comprises a nave, chancel, south east chapel, clergy vestry, narthex which is extended northward to provide a choir vestry and link into the hall. There is an imposing, square tower sited centrally at the west end. The chancel is of one and a half bays, the main bay accommodating the choir and the half bay the sanctuary. The nave is of five bays. There are narrow single storey side aisles with flat roofs over.