Eltham: St Saviour
Eltham & Mottingham Deanery
Rev Wendy Saunders
St Saviour's Vicarage
98 Middle Park Avenue
London SE9 5JH
Tel/fax: 020-8850 6829
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Bishop of Southwark
Urban Priority Area: Yes
Deanery: Eltham & Mottingham
Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich
Episcopal Area: Woolwich
Diocesan Record Office: Greenwich Heritage Centre
Built: 1932 - 33
Architect: Welch & Lander / Cachemaille-Day
Listing: grade 2
The church consists of nave, north aisle, south aisle, north west porch, sanctuary under tower, north chapel and south vestry. At the west end of the nave there is a choir and organ gallery, approached from the north-west porch and there is also a choir vestry at this upper level.
The foundation stone of the church was laid on the 19th November 1932, and the building was consecrated in July 1933. The architect was N F Cachemaille-Day. The building was awarded the RIBA Gold Medal in 1933.
The building is constructed of brick with concrete roofs covered with asphalt.